With everything happening around the world right now, it’s easy to feel powerless and isolated, but this is the perfect opportunity to use your time well and make a difference.
Although we can’t meet in person – we’re still connected. The Emerging Influencers programme is designed to grow and develop leaders who are passionate about ending injustice and making a difference to those in need.
We’ll be announcing dates soon, so watch this space!
How it works
- Monday learning sessions – 2 hour webinars on each Monday afternoon hearing from leading voices in justice from across the world
- Thursday track sessions – 1 hour practical workshops on each Thursday afternoon focusing on leadership, creativity, theology, and activism. Each emerging influencer will take on the leadership track for three weeks, as well as choosing one other track to follow in the other three weeks
- 1-to-1 mentoring – 30 minute weekly check ins with your mentor
- Community – get connected with like-minded people
- Content – we’ll explore how we can create a more just and equal society for everyone as the world reopens after the Coronavirus pandemic. You’ll be tasked with making a piece of content that answers this question (using your medium of choice). We’ll be presenting the best content to the UK government as part of a larger campaign, which could have you name on it
- Fundraise – as part of the course we will be fundraising for the Tearfund COVID19 appeal, learning how to influence and encourage people around you to take a fundraising challenge. We will offer the opportunity for you to develop your own fundraising challenge, or alternatively join the thousands of others who have taken The Climb for Tearfund
- Join the Alumni Network – after the course you’ll join the We Are Tearfund Alumni Network with past emerging influencers from across the UK
Applicants are required to join all sessions and activities across six weeks. Please only apply if you’re certain you can make that commitment.
We can’t wait to explore some exciting topics with incredible people. These are subject to change, but initial topics include:
Theology & justice
Covid-19 – what’s really happening
Leadership and influence
The spirituality of fundraising
The art of story-telling
Prayer & justice
Harnessing digital influence
Justice & creativity
Social justice and allyship
The role of the Church